Here’s the extra credit assignment for the short story we’ve been reading and listening to in class. If you do a good job, you can raise your grade by 0,5.
Answer these questions about the text as completely and correctly as possible.
- What do you think author’s opinion of technology is? Is it a blessing or a curse? Why?
- How is “abandonment” a theme in this story? Who is abandoned? Is there more than one abandoned character?
- Which aspects of the story do you think seem far-fetched and which seem realistic? Explain your opinion.
- Have your parents ever taken something away from you as a punishment? How did it make you feel?
- What concerns do parents have today about their children and technology? Are these concerns legitimate?
Contact me at christianperez at colegioarturosoria dot org if you have any questions.
This PDF document may help you to better understand the vocabulary and storylines of the movie.
Write about a (real) restaurant you either like or dislike very much, including the name and location. In order to write a good review, you should try to cover the following points:
- Food: Name the dishes you tried. Comment on the flavor, the presentation, freshness, spicing. Did the food arrive hot? Were the portions big enough?
- Service: Was the waiter helpful and well-informed? Was the table cleared quickly? Did your drinks arrive when needed? Was your waiter’s attention easy to get when you needed something? Did you get your bill quickly when you were ready to leave?
- Ambiance: Was the restaurant clean? Was it well decorated and comfortable? How were the other customers? Was there music? Was it too loud?
- Other: Was the restaurant better or worse than others like it? Was it a good deal? Should you make a reservation? Is it a good place for a large group? What are the strong points? What needs improving?
- Length: 250 words, typed, 12 point font, 1.5 line spacing (Word doc or pdf)
- Due date: February 2, 2015
You will be evaluated on:
How well you have fulfilled the task? In other words, have you done what you were asked to do?
- Communicative Achievement
How appropriate is the writing for the task? Have you used the appropriate register, for example formal or informal
How effectively did you structure your piece of writing? In other words, is it logical and ordered?
How well did you use vocabulary and grammar? This includes the range and variety of language as well as how accurate it is.
Send it to me at christianperez at colegioarturosoria dot org
Contact me if you have any questions.
Primer post de prueba